What is a zoodle maker? This kitchen gadget was completely alien to me before I wrote this article. As I found it, "zoodle" is a term that is used for a zucchini noodle. So, when you say zoodle maker, this is a machine that can make a zucchini turn into something that looks like a noodle.
This means the machine is not only capable of doing its magic to zucchini, but also to all other veggies as well. Some call this machine a zoodler, a spiral slicer or a spiralizer. But for me, let us settle for zoodle maker! Let us now dig deeper and move on to our best zoodle maker review!
What Is A Zoodle Maker?
First, let's learn some facts about the new and amazing zoodle maker, which is a big help in the kitchen. Its artistic potential with veggies will take your cooking up a level. So, how does it work?
There is no need to tell you all the steps. Obviously, you just have to insert the zucchini and then turn the handle to make the veggie into spiral shapes.
Here is a video for better understanding how the zoodle maker works:
Advantages Of Having A Zoodle Maker
- Promotes healthy weight loss.
- Spirals make more than the usual amount out of veggie and fruits.
- A fun opportunity to include more veggies in your diet.
- Family and kid friendly, at the same time as challenging our creative side.
- Quick, easy and healthy!
The 3 Kinds Of Zoodle Makers
HAND-HELD ZOODLE MAKERS
For those who have a good grip, hand-held zoodle makers need an extra effort to use but will always be the choice if your concern is the cost and the storage space that's needed.
They are not as sophisticated as the electric ones, but they much handier and practical when it comes to both travel and your budget.
BENCH TOP OR STAND ZOODLE MAKERS
Compared to hand-held zoodle makers, this type is bulky and heavy. It needs a big space on your kitchen top and it's not a good idea to take it on your travels since it's heavyweight.
However, if you are talking about cutting hard veggies into spirals or some other styles, this type is your best friend.
So, if your priority is comfort and using the minimum of effort, this is your winner. It usually has a sturdy base to prevent it from wobbling while you maneuver. It also comes with ledges for catching the spirals.
ELECTRIC ZOODLE MAKERS
These automatic zoodle makers are the new craze among cooks who are into healthy recipes. You can find various models that have a lot to offer in different ways.
Of course, compared to the other two types above, this one is outstanding because of its special features and convenience when it comes to saving time and effort.
HORIZONTAL HOLD ZOODLE MAKERS
The most common type of these devices hold the vegetable in place with a metal ring that cuts core, starting at the middle. Obviously, this is a waste, but this model can handle large vegetables.
VERTICAL HOLD SPIRALIZER
This type is the common choice. It holds the vegetable sitting on top of the blade, so it is easy and convenient to use.
It is less likely that the vegetable will fall and you can exert much more effort that way. All the vegetable is turned into spirals, so there is no wastage.
What To Look For In A Zoodle Maker?
Now for the most important part of our review. Below are the factors that you need to consider before buying an awesome zoodle maker. Pay attention, since this is crucial before purchasing.
- Easy to Use - Looking at the hand-held and manual stand zoodle makers, try to check if you can attach the veggie or fruit easily and use the lever smoothly. Levers are important. If it is hard to twist, it could hurt your hands. Handles also must be considered, so choose those that are comfortable to grip.
- Durability - Select a model that is sturdy and strong enough to use on tough bigger veggies and fruit. A loose base, shaky handle, and fragile blades should turn you off!
- Easy to Clean - This is always crucial in every buying decision. Maintenance plays an important role in keeping your equipment in good condition so that it will last for a long while. Choose a model that can be easily detached, is dishwasher friendly and easy to scrub manually.
- Storage Space - Consider the space in your kitchen. If you picka big device, be sure you have a nice big area for storage. Hand-held models are usually the best if you are a minimalist but it always boils down to your needs.
- Features - Additional features catch our attention. Who wouldn't want to buy equipment that can offer you more? So keep an eye on those models with different blade shapes as it means you can make different kinds of spirals, ribbons, and slices of different thickness. Try to make sure that the blades are easy to attach or detach.
- Safety - The blades for spiralizers are designed to be really sharp. These machines always come with a manual and safety instructions. Ensure that the new one you buy does and follow them while you're working. The blades are usually exposed, so use your common sense and take precautions when you are using the machines or cleaning them. In addition, check if it is BPA-free.
- Recipes - There are many recipe books and guides, as well as lots online. Yet it's always is a plus when a recipe book comes with the device. The recipes are always compatible with the capability of the machine.
- Food Waste - Zoodle makers are capable of wasting food. Look for the models that can maximize its usage and spiral most of the vegetable. It needs to be capable of spiralizing every last part of a vegetable. Not all do this, so prepare another recipe for those little bits of veggies that are left.
- Price - This is easy. Zoodle makers usually cost between $20 and $200, depending on the type, brand or location. Be a wise buyer and look at different distributors.
- Style - Everyone of us has our own needs. If you are already satisfied with the hand-held type, then so be it. However, for those who frequently make spirals out of of veggies and fruits, I recommend buying the bench top or electric models because of their convenience.
With our buying guide above, you are already equipped to choose the best zoodle maker for you. So it is now time for our showcase! All of the models that we have prepared for you were well selected and picked from the very best in the market. This was based on the highest positive reviews, feedbacks from distributors and their sales record data that we can find. Rest assured that whatever you pick, is will be a winner, so there is nothing to worry about. Let us start our review!
Top 5 Best Zoodle Makers Reviews
Our Best Pick!
So how about that? Have you decided your choice yet? I can understand if you are having a hard time choosing one, since all of the models selected are among the best. While you are contemplating, let me show you my best pick!
I know you are curious as to why I chose this model as my best pick. Well, I am sure it is the best buy for me and I am excited about bringing it home.
It has all the features I need, the price fits my budget and I love how nice and clean it looks! We all have different priorities, so we will all make different choices but, whatever yours is, it's already a winner!
How was our best zoodle makers reviews? We certainly hope that you've already decided which one to buy. If this review has helped you a lot to choose a spiralizer, we are glad we've served our purpose.
Please share this to everyone who is also ready to embrace the world of spirals! Right here!