You don’t need to wait for Christmas to taste these crunchy homemade sugar cookies. All you have to do is bake! And it doesn’t need to be difficult. Sugar cookies have been in my recipe bin for as long as I can remember.
This time, let’s bake with a little twist. Have you ever heard of eggless sugar cookies? I’m sure the vegans out there are familiar with them. It’s good to know the difference between baking with or without eggs!
Let’s make sugar cookies for the kids, as well as the kids at heart. This is going to be fun! Let’s make them the best eggless sugar cookies for you to keep. Would you like to help me?
Sugar cookies are so easy to bake. The fun part is that you get to decorate them later on with colored sugars, icings or some sprinkles. Are you ready?
1. Put the butter and sugar inside the mixing bowl, then cream it together until it’s soft and frothy. Add the vinegar and the vanilla extract and then beat the mixture. You can use either a whisk or an electric mixer.
An electric mixer will be fast enough to ensure that your mixture is evenly blended.
2. Pour the flour and baking soda into the bowl and mix it gently until it is well combined. Then transfer the flour mix to the cream mixture and mix it until a smooth dough is formed.
3. There are 2 ways of doing this step, but first you need to prepare a baking sheet and place the parchment paper on top. You can also grease it so that the cookies won’t stick.
Get your cookie cutters ready. You’ll find the kids love to do this part. Let the children choose the design of cutters, then use them to cut the flat dough as close as possible.
You will end up with different shapes of sugar cookies. Do the same with the remaining dough. Sprinkle it with colored sugar or any decoration you have in mind.
Here is a tutorial video on how to decorate sugar cookies. I thought you might like to watch it and do something artistic. Wouldn’t you?
4. On your prepared baking sheet, arrange all of your little pieces of flat shaped dough for baking. Make sure they’re all 2" apart as the cookies will need this space when they start to grow. It will also prevent them from sticking together afterwards.
5. Place your baking tray inside the pre-heated oven and set it at 180 degrees C and bake for an average of 10 minutes. When you see the cookie edges start to turn brown, they are done. Finally, place your baking sheet on a wire rack to let them cool for a few minutes.
Freshly baked cookies are delicious to eat, especially if you’ve made them yourself. When you’ve had enough to eat, set the remaining cookies aside for next time by storing them in a tightly sealed jar.
Here is a video showing you how to make eggless sugar cookies. Enjoy!
How did your sugar cookies turn out? I was surprised to see mine turned out not too sweet, or tough and crunchy. It was just the right blend, with the heavenly aroma of vanilla. This proves that even without eggs, it’s still possible to make them taste delicious.
It doesn’t matter if you are a newbie or desperately want to impress others with eggless sugar cookies. Just bake them. You can never go wrong with cookies.
People who you know don’t like eggs might enjoy this recipe too. You are free to hit like and to share it with others!
There’s nothing in this world that excites me more other than cooking. From appetizers to desserts, since then, I’ve always been passionate on making foods.