Talking about classic breakfast? Pancakes are one of the good old favorites since forever! When others want to make it from scratch, some are already used to having their pancakes the quick and easy way. Blame it to the new world!
How to make pancakes with pancake mix? You won’t really notice the difference between making from scratch and ready mixes. Well, I guess you need to be an expert to do so, I think. Whichever way it is prepared, it always turns out delish and delightful.
If you do not believe me, ask my kids!
It is kind of funny actually, asking you about this. Who does not know pancakes anyway? However, I am just making sure since we are going to make it after all!
Pancakes are flat and circle shaped cakes, best served thin, topped with your favorite fruits and glaze or syrup. Although it is still great and yummy without those extra toppings, it truly is a hit when garnished. It is made out of flour, eggs, milk and butter. This batter mix is fried using a skillet.
There is numerous version of pancakes all around the world. Seems to be that every country has its own style. And not only that, pancakes are one of the quick selling over the counter fast foods anywhere! So, we can never go wrong, right?
Ready? Let’s do this!
**Recipe will be at the bottom of this article.
1. Mash your bananas, set it aside. This is the best time to use over-ripe bananas on your counter top. Over-ripe is best for cakes, you can really taste the banana and it smells so good.
2. Mix all dry ingredients (pancake mix, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg) in a bowl.
3. Combine the rest of the ingredients (bananas, milk, and egg) in a separate bowl and whisk. Some use mixers in this step especially when they did not bother mashing the banana with a fork.
4. Combine the dry ingredients mix to the egg mixture. Whisk it properly until you see that they are well combined already.
5. Heat your skillet to 180 degrees C.
6. You can use non-stick cooking spray to your pan. For me, I used butter.
7. Once butter is melted, pour ½ cup of batter into the skillet.
8. You have mixed your batter with banana. The result will be a heavier pancake so it will be a little bit hard to flip it over. Do it gently, when you do so.
9. When both sides are already golden brown and the air bubbles have all popped, you can scoop it out already and put in your prepared platter.
10. Do the same to the rest of the batter until you have all your hot pancakes done.
11. Arrange the sliced banana on top, drizzle it with your maple butter and garnish with the whipping cream.
12. Serve and Enjoy!
In this recipe, I opted to use maple butter to glaze my hot pancakes. You can choose any kind that will suit you. Some try it with honey for the sweet taste. Later, you can experiment ideas on the different syrups available to choose from.
Here is a video on how to make it for you to enjoy. The video used water instead of milk, so just replace the water with milk if you prefer.
So easy to make, right? I am sure you can share with us how to make banana pancakes with pancake mix as well! I wonder what your toppings are?
The first things that come to my mind when talking about pancakes are the fruits and the garnish on top. My favorite is to eat it with a scoop of ice cream right on top beside freshly cut strawberries. You can play with toppings and I assure you nothing will ever get wrong.
There’s nothing in this world that excites me more other than cooking. From appetizers to desserts, since then, I’ve always been passionate on making foods.