How would you like your vegetable salad to be? Fresh lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery and what more? I wish these crunchy vegetables are always available the whole year through. It is summertime so I guess, I’ve got to get the most of it.
Yet, what would be your best vegetable salad without the dressing? Salad dressing is very crucial in a vegetable salad recipe. Do you want to know how to make a salad dressing that is best for burning fat?
Learn the Keto Salad Dressing mix!
Before we start making it, let us find out more about what Keto is.
What Do You Mean By Keto Diet?
Keto is popularly known as a diet focusing on food with very low carbohydrates content. Some out there term this kind of diet as ketogenetic, low-carb, low-carb high fat, and so on!
This explains the Keto term:
When we eat food that is rich in carbohydrates, our body system easily breaks it down into glucose and insulin.
- Glucose is the body’s priority to use in term of energy.
- Insulin helps in the process, by taking it all over our system through the bloodstream.
But what about if we eat food with low-carb contents?
Here comes ketosis to the rescue! It is natural for our body to have a process that would defend and keep us thriving during times of low food intake. We call it Ketosis.
In this, ketones are generated out from the breakdown of our fats in the liver. These ketones then will be used by our body as the primary energy source.
When your glucose is low, your body will start working on stored fats, and burn them.
Now that we are clear on what Keto means, let us start making our Keto salad dressing and start kicking those fats out!
What You Will Need
- Your ingredients.
- Jars where you want to store the salad dressing.
- Spoon or fork for mixing.
- Food processor (optional).
- ¼ cup of your own homemade mayonnaise (or any readymade will do).
- 1 tablespoon of your homemade Dijon mustard (or any readymade will do).
- ¼ cup oil, preferably high-quality olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons - medium-chain triglycerides (MCT).
- 2 portions of crushed garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon.
- 2 tablespoons of newly sliced of your favorite herbs.
- Seasonings (as you like it, salt, pepper, etc).
Here is another seasoning mix that you might also like:
- Important: In choosing ingredients for your keto related recipes, as much as possible, use the most natural form. Organic is the best and those without artificial additives.
How To Make Keto Salad Dressing?
The steps are short and simple; it will be done in just a blink of an eye. Remember, this keto dressing recipe could serve as your guideline in making your own version. You may be inspired to change the ingredients to suit your palate and need.
Leave first the salt, pepper and the herbs. Get your jar and blend all the seasoning mix inside. You might want to take the peel of your crushed garlic out first before mixing it with the others.
After mixing the seasonings inside the jar, blend in the salt and pepper to taste. Blend it well.
Add your newly sliced fresh herbs. (it is up to you if you chop them finely or not).
Cover your jar tight. Shake it to let the herbs be mixed properly with the other ingredients. Then, you can store it in your fridge for future use. It will last for approximately one week inside the fridge. Do not forget to shake the jar before every serving.
This keto salad dressing is best to match your keto salad. Remember, the key is always in the dressing. The salad will never be tasty without the dressing. So, if you want to make the best keto salad, play around with your keto salad dressing.
I have here a video of a keto salad dressing in the making. Try to see how she made her own version.
Are you now wondering what ingredients you would probably mix in making your own version of keto salad dressing? However, I would like to stress also that salad dressings have different types or if not, different uses. There is a salad dressing for green salads, beef, chicken, and so on.
Let me give you three best keto salad dressing recipes that are good to pair with green, beef and chicken salad. Don’t you think it would be a great start to guide you on this?
Best Keto Salad Dressing Recipes
What You Need
- Food processor.
- Jar to put your dressing in.
- Fork for mixing (if you do not need a processor).
1. Salad Dressing For A Beefsteak Recipe: Homemade French Dressing
- A cup of sugar or any sweetener of your choice (I suggest honey).
- 2 teaspoons fine salt.
- A dash of paprika.
- ½ tsp. powdered chili.
- ½ tsp. seeds from celery.
- ½ tsp. mustard preferably dry.
- 2 tbsp. medium size onion (if you do not like to grate an onion, you can substitute the powder form).
- ½ cup organic vinegar (your choice).
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened ketchup.
- 1 cup of olive oil.
- Set aside the oil. Put all the ingredients into the food processor and blend.
- While it is still running, pour the oil in and continue blending until well mixed.
- Turn off the food processor. Pour the mix into your jar, close the lid tight and refrigerate. Shake before using.
2. Salad Dressing For A Green Salad Recipe: Greek Dressing Recipe
- A clove of garlic (pressed or grated).
- 1 tsp. oregano (preferably dry and scrubbed).
- ½ tsp. fine salt.
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, newly ground.
- ¼ cup newly squeezed lime juice (pulp and seed-free).
- ½ cup of high quality of oil (your choice).
- In your prepared jar, mix all the ingredients except the lemon juice and the oil. Mix it well using a fork or any tool you like.
- Pour in the lemon juice and the oil. Mix them well together with the other ingredients.
- Cover the jar tightly with the lid. Shake it well and refrigerate. Serve when needed.
3. Salad Dressing For A Chicken Salad Recipe: Homemade Ranch Dressing
For the dry ranch mix:
- ¼ cup of freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 ½ cup of fresh parsley flakes.
- ½ cup of fine salt with garlic flavor.
- 2 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- ¼ cup of garlic powder.
- ¾ cup of onion powder.
- 2 tablespoon of fresh Dill weed.
For the ranch dressing:
- 1 tbsp. of the ranch mix above.
- 1 cup of your own choice of mayonnaise.
- 1 cup buttermilk or any substitute you like.
- A ¾ cup of your own homemade sour cream.
- ½ tsp. lime juice.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl by whisking it well. Stop when you observe it is already rich and creamy. Refrigerate to thicken the dressing. Serve it when needed.
There you go! This ketonic diet is new for me but I can see that its aim is a healthy way of eating. For a start, you can try the recipes above and match it with your salads. In the long run, you can create your own.
Do not forget us when you already have your own keto salad dressing version. Drop a message and share!