Salads are always convenient if you want a swift nibble to eat. They are simple to make and can be put in the fridge for later. Just cut up your fruit and salad and they will be only a grab away when you’re feeling lazy!
Low Carb Chicken Salad is my favorite to make. It can be a quick snack, lunch and sometimes dinner, and I can put anything I like in it. When it comes to salads, “anything goes” with me.
Do you have your own low carb chicken salad mix recipe? Care to share it with me?
How To Make Low Carb Chicken Salad
Once you learn to pick your favorite ingredients and mix them with a homemade dressing, there’s nothing to stop you from inventing more salads. Make big batches and then store them in small portions in the fridge, so you can enjoy the delicious salad for a few days.
What Do You Need For This Basic Tutorial?
The measurements I have given are for my personal taste, but you can experiment and make mixes that suit your own taste!
This whole recipe can be made in just 5 minutes and serves 6-8 people, giving you 1-gram of carb in each portion.
- If you don’t have any leftovers, boil the chicken breasts for half an hour. Use water or chicken broth. Cover it well. You can tell the chicken is done when it’s solid and evenly white.
- Take the chicken out, place it in a colander and set it aside to drip and cool down.
- Shred the chicken breasts into small pieces in a bowl. The size is up to you, but I like tiny shreds.
- Pour the chopped celery into the shredded chicken and blend them well.
- Mix the mayonnaise, pepper, and salt in a separate bowl. Blend them well.
- Place a scoop of mayonnaise mixture into the chicken mix and blend them well. Add more if you want and make sure everything is coated.
- Put it all in the fridge to chill. It’s super yummy to eat cold.
- Serve it garnished with lettuce or some of your favorite fruit. Enjoy!
It won’t take very long to master making this low carb chicken salad by using the basic steps above. You can also be more adventurous and mix in things like cheese, ham, fruit and various vegetables to create your own style. I wouldn’t call mine the best, as I know you will like it your own way. I guess all of our recipes are original!
Some Tips For The Best Chicken Salad
Are you ready to step up? I know you have new ideas about how to give low carb chicken salad more flavor. How do you like to eat it? Here’s a list of different ways you can eat it! Let’s give it a bit of a twist. Take your pick!
A simple Low Carb Chicken Salad recipe is tasty, but it will shine even more if you doll it up. So garnish it with more ingredients or serve it with alternatives. This will make the meal more vibrant and never boring.
Play with the ingredients, experiment, discover and then share your adventures. Chicken salads are flexible. They can be a main dish, quick snacks or served as appetizers. Mix them with everything you like. That’s what salads are for!
If this article has been fun and helpful to you, hit like and then share it. Don’t forget to tell us about your favorite salad mix!