Honestly, I am not a seafood person. I am more fond of eating beef, pork, chicken, or anything that's thick meat and fatty. Well yes, you're right, I am guilty of eating unhealthy choices, but I always aim to eat a variety of different food. Of course, I am conscious of my health as well, that's why I always make sure I include seafood on my weekly meal plan.
Although my confession speaks a lot of my unhealthy behavior, I can't deny that Red Lobster shrimp scampi has changed my mind and persuaded me to love seafood.
Seafoods is low in fat, rich in omega-3, and high in protein, which makes it a good alternative to meat. Omega-3, the popular healthy fatty acid, is good for the heart, prevents high blood pressure, reduces inflammation and can boost your brain.
If you haven't been eating seafood recently, especially the kids, take note that dietitians recommend you at least 8 ounces of seafood a week. This is why I always put seafood into my meal plan. The amount of nutrients it contains are as numerous as the number of fishes there are in the sea. So, it’s time to assess if you have been eating enough seafood.
Lobster shrimp is undeniably delicious, but my one problem with it is the high price! But that doesn't stop me from getting what I want, especially as this is my favorite seafood recipe (in fact, one of my few seafood recipes).
I created this recipe, which is just as tasty and a lot cheaper than the pricey ones, so you will save money, as well as enjoy the taste of this delicious dish.
Red Lobsters are great with crusty bread and fettucine as a side dish. I'm sure your family will crave this dish once you start serving our favorite seafood recipe.
Every week, I create a meal plan for the family, making sure that the three major food groups - carbs, protein, and fruits and vegetables - are all included. Due to popular demand, I now prepare Red Lobster shrimp scampi more often each month.
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Apart from the taste and relatively cheap price, it’s incredibly easy and convenient to make. To prove me right, let’s get started.
This recipe is for 5, but it is up to you how many people you want to cook for. Just adjust the quantity of each ingredient.
What We Need
What To Do
- To start, put a medium-sized pan over a medium-high heat. Make sure that your pan is hot enough. You can check this by putting 2 drops of water onto the surface. If the water sizzles, it is a sign that the pan is hot enough.
- Pour the olive oil, then cook the shrimps for about 5 minutes or until they turn pink. Remove the shrimps from the pan and then set them aside. Lower the heat to medium.
- Put in the garlic next and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add both the lemon juice and white wine and continue cooking until the liquid is reduced to half. Then reduce the heat, drizzle in the Italian seasoning and butter.
- Cook until the butter melts completely.
- Once it is melted, add the parsley to the pan, followed by the shrimps. Combine or marinade them, so that the shrimps are coated by the sauce.
- Cook on a low heat and make sure that the coating is absorbed by the shrimps.
- Remove the shrimps from the pan and top them with parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot with fettuccine, salad, or crusty bread.
Just because you are a not a seafood fan, doesn’t mean that you can't dive into tasty seafood cuisine. I now know how good Red Lobster shrimp scampi tastes, and you can too.
Tips You Might Need
If you have a similar story, we'd be very pleased to hear from you! Share your experiences of making our special seafood recipe and tell us about the challenges you found while cooking it. Once you have tasted this dish, you won't be able to get enough of it!