If you are a cook, an aspiring chef or a housewife who loves cooking for her family, you might have collections of pots and pans from different manufacturers.
Have you ever asked yourself where your cookware, like the popular Calphalon brand, was made? If so, worry no more! In this article, I will share with you the origin of Calphalon and where is it made, right up until today.
Numerous cookware brands are available in the stores today, so it is important to know something about their background and advantages before you finally buy one. One of the most prominent and popular cookware brands is Calphalon. I will let you know in this brief article where it is manufactured and what are the advantages of buying this brand.
What Is Calphalon?
Calphalon first started as a Commercial Aluminum Cookware Company in 1963. The company wanted to give regular consumers access to its durable and superior cooking performance in 1976, which had previously only been enjoyed by chefs.
For more than 40 years, the company kept on enhancing the experience of cooks during food preparation, baking, cooking and serving.
Calphalon was also the first manufacturer to apply a method of hard-anodizing. This is a method of treating raw aluminum that was first developed by the aerospace industry before being applied by Calphalon to cookware.
Calphalon launched another new non-stick line of cookware called Calphalon Unison in 1992, and added stainless bakeware, cookware, cutlery and utensils for a comprehensive kitchenware assortment.
The company also offers consumers a full set of cookware surfaces, like enamel cast iron, hard-anodizing aluminum, as well as non-stick and stainless steel.
Calphalon was purchased by Newell in 1998 and has introduced a lot of other products since then that every chef and inspiring cook is using to optimize their cooking experience.
In 2001, they designed and launched the Tri-Ply Stainless Steel cookware, which matched the aluminum’s cooking performance by having three layers of stainless steel.
One year later, Calphalon extended their range by adding a cutlery division, which used the same performance standards as their other products.
In 2003, they introduced their contemporary platform. It already includes cookware, cutlery, contemporary non-stick and contemporary stainless steel.
Where Is The Place Of Production?
Calphalon Unison Non-stick is still manufactured and produced in Toledo, Ohio, USA up until the present day.
There are four major lines currently in production: Calphalon One, Contemporary, Everyday and the lesser-known Calphalon Kitchen Essentials.
There are currently four outlet stores available in the USA where you can buy this high-quality, durable cookware, including 2 in Texas, 1 in Massachusetts and 1 in Gilroy, California.
If you buy Calphalon products, you will see a label that indicates where it is made. Some are made in China but most of them are manufactured in the US, which are way more expensive.
You can also purchase Calphalon cookware from Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy’s, Target, Kohl's or Bloomingdale’s.
Advantages Of Calphalon Cookware
- One of the advantages of Calphalon cookware is its products have great heat inducting capacity. This is because it is made from an infusion of polymer particles within the spaces on the surface’s exterior. This results in a shinier surface than traditional cookware and has a good resistance capacity.
- The anodized surface of the cookware makes it durable and protects it from discoloration and scratches.
- It also has better core properties than most cookware, as its outer covering makes it tougher. However, while it’s hard on the outside, it is lightweight on the inside, and its resistance capacity stops it from corroding when it comes into contact with other elements.
- Hard-anodized cookware is also non-toxic because Calphalon doesn’t use PFOA in its production, and non-reactive because the non-porous coat stays on the aluminum and so does not leach like other metallic pans when you are cooking acidic foods.
- These products are also very easy to clean.
I hope that this article answers your questions. So, if you’re planning to buy new sets of cookware, bakeware and cutlery manufactured by Calphalon, just check out the stores I have mentioned and ask the retailers if their Calphalon wares are 100% made in the US.
I also hope that you will have learned a little bit about the advantages that you can get from having Calphalon cookware. If you want any more information and a complete list of the cookware, bakeware and cutlery that Calphalon offers, you can also visit their website http://www.calphalon.com/en-US/about-us.
If you like this article, please let me know!